Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How did Marvel ever publish this?

I was thinking about my ultimate life's goal of owning every appearance of Spider-Man in print ever (not even close, by the way), when I remembered that includes stuff like this:


I actually do own this issue, but I swear it's only for the Spider-Man appearance (which consists entirely of Spidey showing up and saying, "Wow, but this guy is a credible and not remotely fucking ludicrous crime fighter) and maybe a little for the cheese factor.  This specific title is possibly the worst thing Marvel ever published, even for the nineties.  While it couldn't begin to tarnish the rich legacy of Stan, Jack, Steve, and the whole bullpen gang, it's still memorable as the nadir of superhero ideas.

The idea that a Spidey guest shot could sell copies carries some weight (you see infinitely more copies of this first issue than the few subsequent issues of NFL Superpro).  I'm not going to make any more comment on the actual title, it's well documented in the annals of Comic Book dreck, so I'll just leave an example of an enjoyable shameless Spider-Man promotional appearance.

2 comments:

  1. Good day!
    I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
    Thank you

    arazeilia@yourmediaguru.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Arazilia, stop scamming. You are a BIG scammer.

    ReplyDelete