Thursday, April 1, 2010

Comic Solicitations: DC Comics June 2010

Personally, I really love reading this kind of crap, so I figured I'd knock one out. At the start of the month DC puts out solicitations for coming comics. I'll look through them, and talk about the ones I feel like talking about.

And with that we're gonna jump into it. Marvel will come soon, and then a "miscellaneous" entry (hopefully, I might just be too lazy).

SUPERMAN #700 - J. Michael Straczynski, James Robinson and Dan Jurgens
Art by Eddy Barrows, Benard Chang, Dan Jurgens and JP Mayer
I'll get to this in a second with...

Batman #700 - Grant Morrison
Art by Tony Daniel, Andy Kubert and Frank Quitely
It doesn't seem like it should work out this way, but whatever. We've also got a Wonder Woman "milestone" this month, but that's coming later. Right now I just want to say this. A Batman comic written by Grant Morrison with art from Frank Quitely is worth $4.99 and worthy of an issue divisible by 100. Say what you will about Starman, but James Robinson is one of the worst writers in comics today (stress the "today" part, he may have been good, but he currently sucks, majorly). And Straczynski has never impressed me. I see what they're trying to do, launching a run with a new writer (on a struggling title) with an issue that would probably sell if Dan Didio Xeroxed his ass for 20 pages.

I hate ranting like this, but the disparity in impressiveness is staggering (but I'm a Morrison fanboy).

Wonder Woman # 600 - J. Michael Straczynski, Geoff Johns and Gail Simone
Art by George Perez and other guys who aren't George Perez
Ahh, Legacy Numbering. dddddddd

No comment on that. But George Perez.

George FUCKING Perez!

I'm a fan. Sadly, Gail Simone's leaving the title for (gasp) JMS again. I like Gail's Wonder Woman, but I'll admit she's stronger on other (dare I say less iconic) titles. It's been good, but Secret Six blows it away. But from what I gather, Straczynski's focus is going to be on Superman. I'd hate to see Diana on the back burner (any more than she already is, anyway), so here I wait mit baited breath.

Green Lantern #55
Wow, there's Lobo looking all Loboey.

I read Green Lantern already, but I'm not sure if this cover would entice me to buy the issue, or drive me away. Such is Lobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment